Monday, October 19, 2009

Sigh of Relief

Allison's appointment went really well today. Her audilogist was able to correct the problem and no surgery will be needed. All of the electrodes are working, YAY!!
I guess what happened was her coil was starting to fail and it was sending strange signals to the processor. When I changed to the new coil, the processor was getting a different message and it did not know what to do, so it started making the buzzing noise. The processor was reconfigured and her programs where adjusted. We will have to start adding programs like we did when she was 1st implanted, but at least it is working there are no more bees in her ear.

1 comment:

tammy said...

Oh thank Heaven! This is wonderful news!