Friday, October 16, 2009

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

That is my feeling right at this moment. I could scream!!!!

We are having major problems with Allison's right Cochlear Implant. It all started 2 weeks ago when I changed her coil, I thought I was doing a good thing, being proactive, getting it changed before it totally went out and she was left without hearing in that ear. I put the new coil on, put the magnet back on( I did have a little trouble getting the magnet out of the old coil). I gave the CI back to Allison to put back on. About a week later, she tells me that there is a buzzing noise in her ear. So began the phone calls to her audiologist, a phone call to Cochlear to get a new processor, new coils and such. I have changed every external part on her implant and the bee is still buzzing in her ear.

We have an appointment on Monday with her audiologist. My fear is that the implant is failing and we are looking at more surgery. I guess the good thing is that it is her newer ear and she is still hearing out of her older implant. So that is something.

I will keep everyone updated. I would appreciate any good thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Lissa said...

Hope it's not a surgery issue!! Hope it get resolved soon!! Keep us updated!! Hugs to the family