Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Progress has been made!!

Today after I put Allison's snugfit on her right CI( the one that has been giving us so many problems) I was putting it back on her ear and she knew that it was not on!!! I know that does not seem like a big thing, but it is to us. It has taken many many months to get to this point. For a while there, I was questioning whether we should have even implanted this ear, so I am thrilled that she knows that it was not on. She did this without her left CI on, so I know she knew.
On Monday, during the booth test, she scored at 40-50 dB's across the board(wearing just the right ear). This is a slip from where she was, but she was very consistent in her responses. In the past she would not be sure she really heard the sound, but on Monday she dropped those blocks in the bucket with confidence. YAY Allison.

No comments: