Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Jared is 11!

Can it be?  My baby turned 11 this past week! 11 years ago, April 25th started out as a normal day, I was 34 weeks pregnant.  I had been put on modified bed rest 2 weeks earlier due to high blood pressure, so that meant I had stopped working.  It was kind of nice, I was able to sleep in instead of getting up at 6:00 so I could get to school by 7:30(I was teaching 4th grade), I didn't have to try and find a place to put my feet up while teaching, I could relax on my couch.  Around 12:30 or so, I started leaking fluid, I called my doctor who told me to lay down and see if any contractions started, none came, so I thought I was in the clear, until around 4:30 when they called back and told me they wanted me to head to the hospital to get checked.  I called Bill who was working for a landscaper at the time and told him to come on home.  He was not too happy about having to leave work, of course that might of been because I told him I was not in labor and I was sure that the doctor would just send me home.  We got to the hospital around 6:00 got all set in my room, got checked by the doctor who told me that my water had broke, really I thought you were suppose to get a gush of fluid?  He asked me if I was feeling any of my contractions, I wasn't.  He told me that I was there to stay until I had the baby.  If the baby started to come, they would not do anything to stop it.  He said he was heading home to get something to eat, but would be back in plenty of time to deliver the baby( yeah, little did he know).  Around 10:45, my contractions started to get really painful so I asked for the drugs, however, Jared had other ideas and I went from 4 to 10 in 15 min.  I stared pushing at 11:10 and he was born at 11:19, yes ladies that was 9 min of pushing( I know not fair).  Oh by the way....my doctor missed the whole thing.  He passed Bill and Jared in the hall on the way to the NICU.  Ever since that day, Jared has lived by his own rules, but we would not trade him for anything.  He is a sweet, loving and funny boy.  He still gives me hugs and says, "I love you, mom." ( I wonder how long that will go on ?  I hope he never out grows giving mom a hug)
Happy Birthday to Jared William.


No comments: